An ideal learning resource for elementary-aged students designed to build confidence and encourage creativity with image-driven navigation and inquiry-based activities. The site features easy-to-read articles that can be read aloud or translated and a wealth of engaging games, science projects, and activities. Encourage self-direction with our visual navigation in Explore, independent learning with WebQuests, and compare and contrast skills with Compare Animals and Compare Places. Additional teaching tools for educators and parents make this a complete solution for elementary-aged students.
World Book Kids is developed especially for elementary-aged users, featuring image-driven navigation and an intuitive user experience.
Find thousands of easy-to-read articles packed with stunning illustrations, videos, interactive maps, and a wealth of engaging games and activities.
Kids has many features designed for younger learners that are fun and easy to use:
- World of Animals is a compare and contrast tool to help kids research their favorite animals.
- An uncluttered interface, easy-to-understand content, and useful activities.
- An autocorrect feature to assist young users with direct searches.
- The ability to translate all articles into over 100 languages. See the list of available translation languages here.
- Use the Compare Places feature to explore and compare countries, states, and provinces.
- Find hands-on science projects and experiments that cater to many different levels and interests.
- Age-appropriate WebQuests provide exploratory print-and-do activities.
- More than 50 challenging games across five subject areas.
- The Important People feature, where students can search and browse through thousands of biographies.
- An atlas, interactive maps, and outline maps and flags.
- Correlates to Common Core, state, and provincial standards.