Disaster Preparedness for Businesses and Homes
- Citizen Preparedness - This guide has been designed to help citizens learn how to protect themselves and their families against all types of hazards.
- Helping Children Cope with Disaster - This booklet offers parents, caregivers, and other adults suggestions on how to help children be prepared for disaster.
- Healthy Planning and Recovery - By taking a little time now to prepare, you can provide stored emergency food and water supplies for your entire family.
- The Disaster Preparedness Kit - A checklist for building an emergency kit. Most of the items are inexpensive and easy to find, and any one of them could save your life.
- Safe Room Resources - These free safe room webinars and resources have been developed by the Building Science Branch of FEMA.
- Disaster Preparedness for Pets (ASPCA) (Humane Society) (Red Cross)- Each type of disaster requires different measures to keep your pets safe. The best thing you can do for your pets is to be prepared!
- The Homeowner's Guide to Retrofitting - FEMA has prepared this guide specifically for homeowners who want to know how to help protect their homes from flooding.
- Repairing Your Flooded Home - This book gives step-by-step advice you can use to clean up, rebuild, and get help after a flood.
- Mitigation Ideas for Reducing Flood Loss - This book will tell you what you need to know about cleaning up and making your home safe to live in again after a flood.
- Answers to Questions - This book is intended to acquaint the public with the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
- Disaster Planning from the Small Business Administration - Small business owners may invest a tremendous amount of time, money, and resources in being successful but then fail to plan for disaster.
- FEMA Preparedness Resources for Businesses - When business is disrupted by disaster, it can cost money. Lost revenues plus extra expenses mean reduced profits.
- Business Emergency Plan Template - Sample Business Emergency Plan from FEMA.
- IT Disaster Recovery Plan - What do you when your information technology stops working?
- Workplace Emergencies and Evacuations - You and your employees could be forced to evacuate your company when you least expect it. Be prepared.